The Greek Atomic Energy Commission (EEAE) is the national regulatory authority, competent for the control, regulation and supervision in the fields of nuclear energy, nuclear technology, radiological and nuclear safety and radiation protection.
EEAE is supervised by the Minister of Development and Investments.
establishes safety rules by:
- issuing regulations
- drafting and promoting legislation.
ensures compliance with the legal framework, notably by:
- carrying out inspections and measurements
- monitoring the levels of radioactivity in the environment
- monitoring the doses received by occupationally exposed workers
- providing ongoing education and training
- raising public awareness about radiation reliably and systematically and providing information to the Greek State.
with safety being its top priority, EEAE:
- provides high quality services, with state-of-the-art equipment and laboratory infrastructure
- is at all times prepared to respond to radiological/nuclear incidents
- reinforces the radiation protection and safety culture
- serves scientific excellence in research and knowledge.