The Greek Atomic Energy Commission (EEAE), in co-operation with NCSR Demokritos, organize in the frame of the project IMAGES a workshop on the implementation of Decision Support Tools in RN emergencies. The workshop will take place in Athens, Greece from 12 to 13 November 2015.
Aim of the workshop is to disseminate the results of the IMAGES (Implementation of an RN emergency system in Eastern Mediterranean) project, funded by the European Commission under Grant Agreement no.HOME/2011/ISEC/AG/CBRN/4000002163 to enhance the radiological and nuclear (RN) emergency management in Greece. Moreover, it intends to bring together experts and scientists from European authorities or other supporting organizations to exchange experience and knowledge on national emergency plans, related infrastructure and technical capabilities. Particular attention will be given to the role and utilization of Decision Support Tools such as JRODOS and other computational tools appropriate for RN emergencies in an urban environment.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To exchange experience regarding the installation, parameterization and operation of:
- Decision Support Tools ( e.g. JRODOS)
- Computational tools for emergency management of RN incidents in urban environment
- To discuss realistic scenarios related to potential RN risks.
- To evaluate the role and use of computational tools in RN emergencies.
- To discuss needs and challenges for further development for the assessment and response to radiological emergencies, such as the case of dirty bombs in complicated urban environments.
- To share experience and views of the various stakeholder roles in RN emergencies.
Participants will be experts from European competent authorities or other technical support organizations. More specifically, they should be involved in RN emergency preparedness and response, preferably, with experience or understanding on Decision Support Tools and/or similar computational tools.
During working group sessions participants will have the opportunity to discuss and share their experience.
Authorities are invited to designate maximum two participants per country (name, organization, e-mail address) by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 15 September 2015. Designated participants will be notified for their registration.
Travel and accommodation
No registration fee is required. A daily reimbursement will be provided. Coffee breaks and lunches will be provided.
Ms. Anna Dalles,
tel.: + 30 210 650 6702
fax: +30 210 650 6748
For information updates regarding practical arrangements of the workshop organization, as well as the agenda, you are advised to visit regularly this page.